Saturday, May 20, 2006

Nostalgia!

As I am watching this ODI between India and West Indies on a bright saturday morning, yes, I said morning, I miss those good ol' days when my father and I used to sit in front of the TV all day to watch one day games like these. We used to have a constant supply of peanuts or some kind of fried snack, like green chilli bhajji, in a plate in front of us and an occasional serving of filter coffee, thanks to my mom. By the end of the game, we'd be a couple of pounds heavier! I miss those peanuts, bhajjis, filter coffees, and of course my mom and DAD, who is not with us anymore. Those days will never come back. There is one more thing that keeps bothering me. My dad used to get free tickets for cricket matches in chennai as he was a reporter. My cousins used to bug my dad for those tickets and my dad would just give it to them just to get rid of them. I never thought of getting those tickets from him and take my friends to the game with me. Not really sure why, but it sure would have been fun. DAMN!!

Well, I just realized the next world cup is hosted by the West Indies, which means more games in U.S daytime and weekends. YIPPPEEEEEEEE!!! One more thing, while I was writing this post, my ex-roomie called and said that he is bringing some ADAI that his mom made. Looks like I am gonna have company to watch the game and eat some HOT Indian food. My Saturday just became complete.

3 comments:

ilaiy said...

"adai" .. Enjo'd .. Well if it has been 6 years .. You could ask your mom and dad to come down for a visit .. You may be able to get to eat some good food ..

./thanks
ilaiy

ilaiy said...

No have not heard from Dr Chand .. I heard he is in India .. I got to speak to him before he left for a trip ...

How are things in your end ..

./thanks
ilaiy

RN said...

update update!