Tuesday, March 31, 2009

True Friends INDEED!

As I continue my reminiscing ways, there is one incident that happened during my school days that I remembered and wanted to write about today. I believe it was during my 11th grade. There was this girl from my colony that I was crazy about since my 7th grade, but I have never talked to her even once. She didn't even know I existed until a couple of months before this incident. 

One fine evening, I decided that I should talk to her and told two of my best friends Karthik and Balaji about it. Like all good friends, they were happy about it and motivated me more. The truth was, they were sick of my everyday ramblings that go something like "Machaan, nethu ava ennai paatha da!" (She looked at me yesterday) and they wanted it all to end. I wanted them to go along with me for moral support and of course to help me out if I get beaten up by the roadside do-gooders seeing a damsel in distress.  Surprisingly, they agreed without a second thought. 

The plan was to confront (that's right!) her when she gets out of her ______ training. It's a good 2 Kilometers from there to her house, so I was sure that I can make her talk to me before she gets close to her house. When she walked out of her class, I saw that there was a kid walking along with her. I recognized him as her neighbor and with the hopes that he wouldn't know me, I approached her leaving my friends behind after getting their blessings. As soon as she saw me walking towards her, I could clearly see she was getting all nervous. She started walking as fast as she can. When I caught up with her, I was panting! Without going into the details, except for the fact that all I managed to say was "Hi", I was VERY VERY disappointed at the end! After watching her walk away, realizing that I had managed to get her all mad at me, I wanted to talk to my friends real bad. I turned around looking to hear some consoling words and imagine my surprise when I couldn't see them anywhere in the line of sight in any direction. After about 5 minutes of standing there all alone, I saw them walking towards me from far away. Even my sad face couldn't stop them from laughing! What can I say, my friends are just pretty good runners! 
By the way, that blank up there, it's Karate!!! 

3 comments:

funkaboy said...

Very funny. Karthik ponnungala
parthale oduvan. Athuvum karate
therinja ponnu-na aal escape :)

Parupps said...

I know dude. Peru dhaan military, aana seriyaana THAYIR SAADHAM! Hahahaha!

Apna said...

My heart goes out for you...! Its the girls loss for walking away from you as you have introduced yourself as a "hopeless romantic". Kudos to you for mustering up the courage to atleast go and talk to the girl though.... cudn't help smiling at your so-called dependable friends!! :-)