Thursday, January 11, 2007

Loosu Pennae...

How many of you have NOT heard this song from the movie Vallavan? Well, shame on you! It's been playing non-stop on the FM channels in chennai and the Harmon-Kardon stereo system that came with my BMW (yes, I am always this modest!) for the past 6 months. Actually, I used to wake up everyday to this song when I was in India, thanks to my brother.
I am not a music person at all. I only need songs when I drive. The first time I heard this song, I was like, what the hell kind of a song is this? I totally hated it. But then, like a lot of other songs, it just grew on me. Now, I am listening to it all the time.
Usually, when I like a song, it should definiltely have good Tamil lyrics, otherwise it's very tough for me to even think about liking it. Though there is a rap segment at the beginning and the end, the main part is just tamil words. The way the rap and the tamil part of the song have been combined without defeating the purpose is just amazing. I am not a music genius, but it takes a lot of effort to keep it simple. This song is too simple and very addictive. I decided to look up for more information on the song on the internet and found out that Silamabarasan (a) Simbu had written the lyrics, though I already knew it was his voice. I wasn't very surprised knowing very well he comes from a gene pool that belongs to a person who used to torture us all with his multiple talents, including sticking posters for his own movies.
More than anything, what makes it a catchy number is the lethargic voice of simbu, which sounds like the music director woke him up in the middle of the night and forced him to sing. Well, whatever works! Of course the credit goes to Yuvan Shankar Raja for giving me something to write about. Thanks dude and keep up the good work!

3 comments:

Parupps said...

No babe, but I will someday, when you decide not to ditch me anymore at lunch time.

funkaboy said...

Hi dude

Came here from Miltry's blog. Didn't realize that the blogging bug bit you also. Looks like you
have a lot going on in the chilly confines of Denver. Neenga nadathunga maams.

Check this top ten list at
http://filbytheboss.blogspot.com/2006/12/best-songs-of-year-2006.html

Miltry's ex-roommate
with the Persian name

bharanee said...

oye! post more updates, you're way behind, slacker !